● Partner with key stakeholders within internal and leadership teams to build and maintain an overall improvement strategy utilizing tools such as: strategy deployment, Lean transformation plan,value stream maps,KPI‘s etc. to identify key opportunities to improve business execution.
● Lead the execution of all Lean transformation activities within factory including Kaizen events, projects and any other activity to improve and further Lean execution of transformation plan.
● Influence leadership (including Executives,Production Managers, etc.) on strategic topics and help make decisions that support the needs of the business.
● Lead the establishment and maintenance of standard work and continuous flow in all areas.This includes 5S and visual management in all areas.
● Provide lean status reports for both internal/external communications, including metric based accomplishments of the transformation plan.
● Participate in factory audits that ensure function of production management systems
● Estimates and report on true savings of lean efforts in areas of: Safety, Quality, Cost.
● Support the formal training of the organization in Lean process methodology and tools.
● Lead value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas.
● Lead initiatives and problems solving activities to drive excellence in key business areas (Quality, Cost, Delivery)
● Lead a team of engineers responsible for Identification, planning, execution and management of projects to reduce costs and waste within the factory by implementing Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
● Hire, train, coach and lead high potential transformation team members
● Lead and develop technical staff through coaching and personal development activities
● Support the design and implementation of next generation processes
● Requires a Bachelor‘s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering-related discipline
● A minimum of 8 years of experience with 5+ years of manufacturing operations or plant engineering experience and/or 3+ years as a lean practitioner.
● Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt Certified or equivalent experience required.
● Experience with Toyota Production System or company with similar system.
● Automotive OEM T1,T2 experience preferred
● Knowledge of Quality Management system/programs
● Ability to identify opportunities and drive impact
● Strong communication and change management skills
● Proven record of influencing people at different organization levels,globally and locally (leaders, peers, operators, etc.)
● Short-term and long-term and project management skills
● Bi-lingual English and Mandarin is required
● Class A certificate for occupational safety/health is plus